- Whole Black Peppercorns 2 Tbsp
- Whole White Peppercorns 1 tbsp
- Whole Allspice 1 Tbsp
- Whole Cloves 1 Tbsp
- Whole Coriander Seeds 1.5 Tbsp
- Whole Mustard Seeds 2 teaspoons
- Crushed Red Pepper 2 Tbsp
- Whole Nutmeg Seed 1 each (broken into 2)
Method for Spice Madness:
- In a large stainless steel pot, bring 1/2 gallon white wine vinegar to a boil with all of the above ingredients plus 1 whole clove of fresh garlic and 1 oz fresh peeled ginger. Simmer for 20 to 30 minutes. Add the cucumbers or whatever you intend to piclke. Simmer for about 5 miuntes. Remove the pot from the heat and let the contents cool. Store the pickles in the cooking liquid in a cooler. Should keep for a hundred years or so.
Common Uses and other info:
- This spice can be ground up and used as a seasoning for shellfish before grilling. Use Caution however, it can be quite spicy and pungent.